Northern Access Project
On March 17, 2015, National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation ("Supply") and Empire Pipeline, Inc, ("Empire")(collectively known as "National Fuel"), both subsidiaries of National Fuel Gas Company, filed a joint application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") at Docket Number CP15-115-000 for authorization to construct the Northern Access Project. On Nov. 2, 2015, National Fuel filed an amendment to its Joint Abbreviated Application under Docket Number CP15-115-001. This project will transport regionally produced supplies of natural gas to multiple markets in North America, providing reliable supplies of energy to Western New York, the Midwest and Canada.
The Northern Access Project will include the following:
- Supply will construct 96.49 miles of 24-inch diameter pipeline, beginning from Sergeant Township, McKean County, Pa., and ending at Supply's existing Porterville Compressor Station in the Town of Elma, Erie County, N.Y.
- Supply will install an additional 5,350 horsepower of compression at the existing Porterville Compressor Station.
- Supply will construct an interconnection with Tennessee Gas Pipeline in the Town of Wales, Erie County, N.Y.
- Empire will construct a new 22,214 horsepower compressor station adjacent to Killian Road in the Town of Pendleton, Niagara County, N.Y.
- Empire will construct approximately 2 miles of 16-inch/24-inch pipeline in the Town of Pendleton, Niagara County, N.Y.
- Empire will construct a new natural gas dehydration facility on Liberty Drive in the Town of Wheatfield, Niagara County, N.Y.